Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 17, 2013


Woo hoo! We made it two whole weeks without a doctor’s appointment, or a trip to the hospital! However, I had experienced some things in the past couple of weeks that were new to me, and thus concerning, but in the end they just seem to be other common symptoms of pregnancy! I won’t go into the details…J I did learn, though, that while my husband and my conscience were telling me to “Just call the advice nurse to ask if this is normal”, I fought it with all I could and either denied or made up excuses for the symptoms. I am truly fearful of any little thing that can throw me back in the hospital, and I am doing my best to stay out. Some may think its denial, I call it survival! And luckily in this case, in the end, the problems I was (am) having are nothing too concerning, and should be easily curable. This according to the cardiologist we saw today, and the advice nurse, who I finally ended up calling!

The appointment today was also just another routine checkup on my swelling and heart rhythm problems. For the first time, I was warned about my weight gain and told that I MUST wear compression socks (I have worn them twice in the past two weeks, and hated each day, all day). All in all, however, this doctor echoed what the other one had said about the wonderful progress I have had so far with this pregnancy, and no major or threatening issues. All of this may be surprising and impressing to the care team, but for our family and us, we know this is because of the prayers for health and protection on behalf of this baby that our friends and family are circling us with. And though I may be becoming more grumpy about the other pregnancy related symptoms that are cropping up, I have to truly be thankful that they are ONLY pregnancy related problems, and not cardiac as well. I always said I would never be the type of pregnant woman who complains, and now more than ever, I see the blessings in the acid reflux, constant pressure to urinate, and so forth J.

No comments:

Post a Comment