Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 2, 2013

Today was the best day of all in this pregnancy! We got to see our little man (its confirmed we are having a BOY!) and all of his body parts are growing at a healthy rate- in fact, one week ahead of time! His heart rate is holding steady at 132 and he is ACTIVE! We got to see his movements to match what I have been feeling more and more! J

 I was a little hesitant, with all that has happened in recent weeks, going into this ultrasound. As one friend put it, it is like always “waiting for the other shoe to drop.” Knowing that he is healthy and everything looks good so far has put my mind at ease and elevated our excitement to the max! Now I do not know if we will be able to make it to August to meet this little dude! We already love him so much, and talk to him/about him all the time. We are also blessed and humbled by friends and family who have already given us so much to help us welcome him into the world! And the prayers are appreciated beyond what I can express. After the ultrasound, we had an appointment with the doctor, who was pleased by my progress and lack of major incidents, so she bumped our meeting times up to once every four weeks. The only thing that has worsened has been my swelling, so she ordered prescription strength compression socks (which will be a blast to wear in the summer!). When we left the appointment, Bryan was so proud of the pictures and would not stop sharing them. He even stopped a friend in the road to show him our pictures on the way back to the shop. Since Bryan had some work left to do, and I had family from out of town visiting, I headed over to my parents for dinner and to show off our newest pics of our boy! I also called and texted my sisters and in-laws, then Bryan and I went over to his parent's house later to share (after dinner and a much needed nap!). After some thought, I put together a couple little pictures to share our announcement with the world:


(The last photo just added for confirmation :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment