Sunday, April 14, 2013

March 12, 2013

It's been three weeks, and no major issues! I am free of a cough/cold that had been plaguing me for weeks, and my only complaints are occasional shortness of breath and some heart racing, mostly in the morning and at night. Incidentally, “morning” sickness (or in my case, evening) has hit me hard this week, even though I am in my 17th week! It's hard to believe we have made it this far already! Only three more weeks, then we will be halfway there! I am starting to have more baby dreams, and we are getting really excited! Today at our doctor appointment (regular 3 week checkup), we got to hear the baby’s heartbeat again. Yesterday I even felt him kick during a spelling test I was giving in school! His heart rate today was 133. Daddy asked a lot of good questions, and secretly surprised me with all his knowledge (I think he has been reading up when I’m not looking). One concern we had was an impending potential need for bed rest, though the doctor said that bed rest is not as beneficial as once thought, and we want to keep myself active as long as possible. There was no other news to be had, which in our case is good! So, now we look forward to our next appointment in three weeks, where we get to find out for sure the baby is a boy with a long ultrasound! We can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment