Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 3, 2013


Today all my fears were put to rest, as I suspected they would. I woke up this morning with a dread, stress and anxiety. When we saw the first images of our little baby, all that went away. He was a little sleepy this morning at first, but we are quickly finding out that he does not like to be pushed on! He perked up and started kicking and rolling, but not before we got some good shots of his kidneys, stomach, brains, heart, boy parts and facial features! In fact, he looked a little creepy (see his baby face above)! The ultrasound pictures are not always flattering, and the images came out super blurry. His heart rate was also taken, and it was lower this time (112). Once we got dressed and went into the exam room, it sped up a bit to between 115-120. However, this is normal for boys to have slower heart rates. For me, I took a glucose screening that came back a fail, so now I need to go do 3 hours of more intensive screening- that is slightly a bummer!
The other big news of the appointment is that this baby is a GIANT in comparison to where he should be at 28 weeks. He is actually measuring 2 weeks ahead (this may be because I was a big baby- 12 pounds!) The rest of the appointment was catching up with everything that happened the past month, and I asked her for pediatrician recommendations, as I need to get rolling on that! Our next appointment is July 1, and after that it will be every 2 weeks! Getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment