Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 15, 2013


Today we went to go see my other cardiologist, Dr. Walsh. He was not excited about my weight gain and the pillars that have now become my legs. This can all be attributed to water retention, which is “beyond the normal retention expected for pregnancy”. He could also tell by looking at the veins in my neck, which were distended due to my heart being inadequate for pumping fluids properly throughout the body. My job for the next four days is to try as hard as possible for getting some fluids off, by taking a prescription water pill and wearing compression stockings (NOT easy to put on, and I am not a fan of taking any more prescriptions). But my skin is at its max for stretching, and I am barely able to walk on my feet anymore. It used to be in just the evenings, but now by noon I am gimping along, which also puts more pressure on my legs and lower back. I also need to weigh myself daily (yuck!) and if I continue to gain weight, we will need to up the Lasix prescription. Its difficult to know where any more fluid retention would go, and with a c-section I am likely to have a rapid influx following the procedure. Luckily, once the baby is out, Dr. Walsh says we can put a greater effort in quickly getting the water off. I look forward to lots of time on the toilet very soon! Other than this, the appointment went pretty well and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment