Sunday, March 3, 2013

December 24, 2012

Now it was time to share the news with my family. It has long been a tradition for my mom to purchase “Baby’s First Christmas” ornaments for each grandchild from the Margaret Furlong collection at the Made in Oregon store. So for her gift, I wrote “Baby Heinrichs” and “August 2013” on the back of the ornament before carefully wrapping and hiding it until all the other gift opening of the evening was complete. My sister from Idaho was in town, along with her daughter and husband, in addition to my other sister from Vancouver and her family. Since my sister in Texas already knew the news from Day 1, there wasn’t any need to send her a fun announcement.

For my two nieces, I purchased two baby board books by Dr. Seuss, and taped the following message to the front:

The girls sat on the floor and opened their books at the same time my mom and dad opened their ornament. The following chaos ensued: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0GQDHzNniM&feature=share

No comments:

Post a Comment