Sunday, March 17, 2013

January 31, 2013


Already at ten (almost eleven) weeks of pregnancy, the baby bump is showing! Copies of the ultrasound pictures were made, and given to the grandmas and mailed to great-grandpa in California and great-grandma in North Dakota! Today was my day for staff devotions at work, so I decided to make tiny little baby announcements with tootsie rolls to let the rest of the staff (who didn’t already know) the good news, but to also ask to be lifted in prayer for the coming months.

...What I forgot to mention was that I had not yet told my own students the good news (I was planning to wait until Valentines Day, at 12 ½ weeks). Since adults are just as bad at keeping secrets as children are, by recess time two hours later, word had spread throughout the other classes. I decided it was time to tell my own class of 2nd graders, which would also mean telling their parents, which would also mean telling the whole world through Facebook, before anyone else decided to post anything about it. Luckily, my friend (a parent of one of my 2nd graders) had already created a fun announcement for Mommy to use when she was ready to “go public”.

 By that night, the world knew, even though I still worried about the health and safety of the baby. I had been learning this is a trial of faith, and the following verse kept rolling through my mind:

Philippians 4:6-7 New International Version (NIV) 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

With a newfound joy in sharing our exciting news with the world, we decided to go to Old Spaghetti Factory (where Mommy and Daddy met in 2000) that night to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment