Sunday, March 3, 2013

January 3, 2013

Mommy-to-be had her first doctor appointment with her general care physician. While no formal pregnancy test was taken, the doctor listened to my heart and confirmed that yes, I do sound pregnant (in addition to all the other symptoms I described!). We discussed vitamins and other proper prenatal care. While the first few weeks of pregnancy are definitely exhausting, it was nice to have two weeks off of work to rest and ward off any sickness and/or fatigue. I was bummed that we couldn’t go play in the snow at Mt. Hood, but being pregnant was definitely worth more to me! I spent the rest of my break going into early nesting and planning mode, even acquiring some baby furniture early (until Bryan told me to stop!). I did find a very cute monkey-shaped baby harness at Bi-Mart that was cheap, and I couldn’t pass up for a good laugh, as Bryan detests parents who harness their children to leashes, so this was his late Christmas present:

In addition, I made the appointments for the labs, first time parent class, ultrasound and initial meeting with our new OBGYN, and for my annual checkup with my cardiologist, due to pre-existing conditions with my heart that I will get into later. I notified my principal of these appointments, and the first week back at school slowly broke the news to all my elementary co-teachers and friends. This picture was taken at around 6 weeks:


No comments:

Post a Comment